The 178th Glasgow Scout Group (Jordanhill) was founded in 12th January 1948 by the then rector of All Saints Church, Jordanhill, Rev Dennis Clements 12 Woodend Drive, Glasgow W3. At the time the group was within the scout District of Balshagray, within the scout County of the City of Glasgow and met within the church hall at 10 Woodend Drive, Glasgow W3.
The group was officially registered with the Boy Scout Association, 25 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1 on the 26 January 1948. The registration number of the group was 25855. The 178th started out with 1 officer and 6 Scout in the group.
The Rev Clements was registered as the Group Scout Master, and the formation of the group was recommended by Muriel E Howieson, Hon District Secretary and approved by the District Commissioner Jas A Stewart, Balshagray District and County Commissioner William Kyle Esq.
A year later the group had grown in number to 36 which was made up of 18 cubs , 15 scouts and 3 leaders.
More to follow